Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Interlachen HOA 2019 Board Meeting Minutes – July

Date, Time, and Location: July 16, 2019, 6:30 p.m. at 21131 NE Interlachen.

Meeting called to order by President Jerry Mylet at 6:39 p.m.

Attendance: Kevin Morrow, Mike Vest, Jerry Mylet,  Cathie Smits,  Roxanne Redwine-Baker, Erika Teyema, Tom Burns, Debbie Weaver and Matt Williams

Guest – Lynn

Excused:

Minutes: Prior meeting minutes presented.

PRESIDENT,  Jerry Mylet

Jerry confirmed the lake fill was done. Metro paid for that fill. There is a bit of algae noted in the lake.

VICE PRESIDENT, Mike Vest: 

Mike suggested that the communication for events and news needs to be more frequent. Shelly is the person that will be handling that moving forward. Shelly and Mike will get together and discuss the roles and responsibility of communication.

Facebook page has been created. FLOPA  has a site and

SECRETARY, Matt Williams:

Matt motioned that Interlachen HOA obtain legal representation to protect our rights to the lake the water levels as well as a maintenance agreement with Metro and all other parties claiming access and/or rights to the lake. I propose we hire Steve Bennett from Farleigh Wada Witt who has experience with real estate law as well as contractual agreements with local municipalities and HOA’s. Jerry, Kevin Mike and Matt will meet with him prior to verify all are in agreement on budget, timeline and desired outcome. Passed.

Rob Johnson is a great resource for us for historical data.

Outline a scope and keep it simple. Health of the lake, water level, split of expenses to fill it, formalize current access rules from both parties.

Meeting set for August 6th at Jerry’s Tentatively.

TREASURER, Roxanne Redwine-Baker:

Roxanne reported an ending balance of $71,853.51. She confirmed that the lake fill bill was paid but is not out of the account yet. The NET cash for operations is $39,338.49. Motion was made to approve the spending. Seconded and approved by all.

PARK AND ROAD COMMISSIONER, Tom Burns

Tom made a motion to have a “Lake Agreement Committee” made of the President, Secretary, Lake Commissioner and Secretary. Mike seconded the motion and all agreed. Passed.

Tom brought up a Blue Lake Deputy to help police the lake on busy weekends and for issues.

Ballast Rock can be put on the lake shore to prevent erosion.

BLUE LAKE COMMISSIONER, Kevin Morrow

2 more boats went in the lake this week. A reminder was sent out that the flag needs to be paid attention to.

The swimmers are required to be within 50 feet from the shore.

Lost 5 inches since July 3rd.

MEMBERSHIP COMMISSIONERS, Cathie Smit

Nothing new to report.

FLOPA and PUD COMMISSIONER, Debbie Weaver

Fairview lake was lowered and treated for weeds. No word on Algae. PUD has a meeting tomorrow.

BLUE LAKE SOCIAL- Erika Teyema

4th of July Parade was a Big Success.  Also used new grill to provide Hot Dogs, etc. for the participants. 

Interlachen Potluck;  25th July, Rock-n-Roll theme at Welsh Park 6pm-8pm

A Sign-Out sheet has been Hung in the Storage Shed in Welsh Park.  When borrowing chairs & tables please complete the sign-out sheet.

Potluck Picnic, August 15th 6pm-8pm

Next Board Meeting – September 10th, 6:30pm at Mike Vest’s home.

Skipping August Mtg, but a monthly Treasurer report will go out via email to Board for review, and any minutes from the Blue Lake Water Level Sub-committee activities will be reported via email.

Meeting adjourned at 8:06pm.