An URGENT meeting is scheduled for all local residents regarding the proposed development of a huge warehouse distribution center on the farm parcel next to Interlachen Lane and Fairview Lake Way. The meeting will be at Fairview City Hall on Thursday, September 1st, from 7pm to 9pm. See the email contents and attachments below for further information.
Attached are a letter and photos of a planned development of the farm land at the corner of Interlachen Lane and Fairview Lake Way, leading up to Marine Drive. It is proposed to build a huge distribution warehouse (372,000 square feet) and parking areas for 250 autos and 57 trailer parking spaces. This affects all the residents who use Interlachen Lane to Marine Drive. It will change the nature of our quiet, country-like neighborhood.
Trammel Crow Company is holding a community “informational meeting” September 12th at Round Table Pizza at 6PM. We encourage all residents to attend the company’s presentation.
Before we meet with the company, we will have a meeting of local residents to discuss the proposed development and its impact on all of us. We have reserved the Council Chamber Room at Fairview City Hall, 1300 NE Village Street on Thursday, Sept. 1st, from 7 to 9 P.M. We urge you to attend this important meeting.
At the Sept. 1st meeting, we will poll our neighbors and develop a unified position to discuss the development of the proposed Blue Lake Corporate Park. We are coordinating with Blue Heron Shores 1 and 2, FLPOA, and Interlachen Homeowners Association to brainstorm. All neighbors are invited. We will discuss the issues and what alternatives may be available. We are very concerned about the potential impact of another huge warehouse distribution center in the area; this one right next to our quiet residential community.
Some potential issues:
- Removal of wetlands and diminished wildlife
- Potential toxic runoff (leaking gas and oil from trucks and other materials)
- Poor air quality from the diesel trucks, heavy truck traffic, and vehicular air pollution
- Construction noise and dust
- Impact of continuous overhead lighting on parking area
- Demand on limited water supplies
- Impact of increased traffic (57 trailer trucks and 257 cars)
- Noise of trucks in the complex
- Diesel fumes
- Additional truck traffic that will compromise the safety of entering and exiting Marine Drive
- Our local streets are not designed for 18-wheelers
- More congestion of traffic at 185th
- Proposing “emergency” access onto Interlachen Lane will endanger our residents as well as bikers at Blue Lake Park
- Possibility of workers trying to avoid Marine Drive by driving through our neighborhood before and after their shift
- Endangerment of our children and residents from increased traffic
- An industrial complex this close to our houses will affect our property values
- If anything, we need to replace farm land with homes, not warehouses
Please put both dates – Sept 1st and Sept. 12th – on your calendar and plan to attend.
Notice of Neighborhood Meeting
August 25, 2016
Re: Blue Lake Corporate Park
Dear Interested Party,
You are cordially invited to attend a meeting on September 12, 2016, at 6:00 pm at Round Table Pizza at 750 NE 1281st. Avenue. This meeting shall be held to discuss a proposed project located at the east end of NE Riverside Parkway, abutting Fairview Lake Way and Interlachen Lane. The property consists of five lots identified as parcels R943200150, R943200690, R943200480, R943200550, and R943200640. This site is in the North Gresham Neighborhood Association.The proposal is to construct a 371,280-square-foot distribution building with 257 auto parking spaces and 57 trailer parking spaces. This site would be accessed from Riverside Parkway, with emergency access proposed to Interlachen Lane. You can see the pre-application notes for this proposal at https://egov.greshamoregon.gov/Click2GovPZ (type in project number 16-26000230 and then click on “Project Documents”).
The purpose of this meeting is to provide an opportunity for the applicant (Trammell Crow Company) and surrounding property owners to meet and discuss this proposal, to identify any perceived issues regarding this proposal , and to make modification to the proposal where reasonable.
The meeting is scheduled for :
September 12, 2016 at 6:00 pm
Round Table Pizza
750 NE 181st. Avenue
Portland, OR 97230
Please note that this is an informational meeting on preliminary plans. These plans may change slightly before the application is submitted to the City. We look forward to discussing this proposal with you. Please feel free to contact me at (503) 224-9560 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Land Use Planning