INTERLACHEN, INC. HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION
May 11, 2015
Home of Bob Torheim
Board Members Present:
Bob Torheim, President
Gary McCoy, Vice President
Steve Nelson, Blue Lake Commissioner
Tom Burns, Roads and Parks Commissioner
Roger Keast, Treasurer
Debbie Weaver, FLPOA/IWPUD Liaison Commissioner
Michelle Monson, Secretary
Also in attendance:
Julia Warner, Interlachen, Inc. member
Ted Smits, Membership
Don Jacobson, Blue Lake Committee Chair
Erika Teyema, Social Committee and Blue Lake Committee member
- Meeting Called to Order and agenda reviewed: 6:45 pm
- Reading and Approval of the Minutes:
The minutes for the annual meeting were previously approved and posted on the website.
- REPORTS OF OFFICERS AND COMMISSIONERS:
- PRESIDENT, Bob Torheim:
See: “New Business” and “Old Business” below.
- VICE PRESIDENT, Don Jacobson:
- SECRETARY, Michelle Monson:
- TREASURER, Roger Keast:
Roger presented the current budget having 84 paid members and 5 associate members (with 3 honorary members). $26,196.14 is available in the general budget. The net cash for the general budget is expected to be $6,488 in February of 2016. The Blue Lake reserve budget is $8,130.32. Checks 1335, 1336, and 1337 were approved by the board and signed.
- FLPOA/IWPUD LIAISON COMMISSIONER, Debbie Weaver:
No FLPOA meetings were held as of Debbie’s new tenure as liaison.
PUD and the City of Fairview approved and signed access to Welsh Park and on Lachenview for inspection of the sewer lines starting on May 11, 2015. Several property owners on Fairview Lake also provided signed access to their properties for inspection.
- BLUE LAKE COMMISSIONER, Steve Nelson:
Steve reported that there are 12 boats on the lake with stickers. Steve provided board members with the combination for the bollard lock in case he is not available when a boat owner needs access. Steve went to the sheriff’s office responsible for rivers and found they do not want to be contacted regarding problems on the Blue Lake. It appears the only enforcement of boat rules is by park rangers, and they can check for boat stickers only. Steve stated that he will contact the Lake Oswego Homeowners Association for information on enforcement by the Marine Board, as their lake rules are reportedly enforced by that agency.
- ROADS AND PARKS COMMISSIONER, Tom Burns:
Tom and Scott Ferris will repair the pot hole at the curve themselves. While we are responsible for Lachenview Road, Tom will look into the county taking care of that expanse as it meets county standards.
- MEMBERSHIP COMMISSIONER, Ted Smits:
Ted was excused, and Rogers provided the current status: 84 paid members and 5 associate members.
- PRESIDENT, Bob Torheim:
- REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES:
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE, Erika Teyema:
Erika was absent, and Debbie Weaver shared that participation is low in planning social events for 2015/16. Still, two potlucks are scheduled for the summer in Welsh Park, and the pancake breakfast will take place on June 20, 2015. A kayak relay race on Fairview Lake may be put on the calendar in August. Thanks to those who are organizing the events and to those who will help during the events. These events make our community a special place to live.
- BLUE LAKE COMMITTEE REPORT, Don Jacobson:
Don was unable to attend the meeting. A meeting with interested homeowners was held to review changes to the boat rules on Blue Lake. The committee has not submitted a recommendation to the board at this time. Because any changes discussed were reportedly non-substantive, perhaps a review for members on-line would be adequate. Tom will review the by-laws in order to determine if a vote is needed.
- LAKE FILL COMMITTEE, ALLEN JOHNSON:
Allen was unable to attend the meeting, and Steve shared that the lake will be filled following a request by Metro (the Blue Lake Park) only. Metro will make the request if conditions are met; i.e, the lake is down by 12 inches and if the City of Portland is not using the wells to replace Bull Run water. We need a more thorough report from the committee to report all of the parameters that have been set prior to a lake fill.
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE, Erika Teyema:
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Troutdale Energy Center (TEC) update, Allen Johnson: Allen was unable to attend the meeting. While opposition by the Troutdale Pilots Association was published in the Willamette Weekly and the Christian Outlook, it appears that the TEC will proceed. They have the full support of the Oregon Energy Commission.
- Road repair, Tom Burns: Stanley and Sons has completed their contract and were paid in full.
- 2015 Boat Stickers and Bollard Lock: As stated above, there are 12 boats with stickers now on Blue Lake. The combination to the bollard lock is available by telephoning any of the board members.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Trailer parked at 20323 NE Interlachen Lane, Allen: Michelle reported that the trailer is gone. The family has moved and the trailer with them.
- 100th anniversary celebration of Interlachen HOA, Tom: No report.
- Form committee to liaise with Multnomah County Sheriff, Debbie: No report at this time.
- Welsh Park, Ownership/property taxes: Gary will investigate ownership and property tax payments in Welsh Park following information provided by PUD’s Pat Davies. PUD is seeking an easement for the pump house only.
- Art in the Park: Organized by Laurie Martin-Cohn (email@example.com) for August 8, 2015 from 10 am to 3 pm in Welsh Park. They requested $150 from the social committee’s budget.
- Welsh Park & Lachenview permit of entry access by the City of Fairview for sewer inspection: Signed permission has been granted by Interlachen, Inc. as well as by homeowners on Fairview Lake.
THE NEXT BOARD MEETING WILL BE HELD ON MONDAY, JUNE 8th,2015, AT THE HOME OF MICHELLE MONSON AT 6:30 PM
Future Board Meetings: July 13, 2015 at 6:30 pm home of Tom Burns
August 17, 2015 at 6:30 pm home of Steve Nelson