Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Interlachen Inc. Homeowner’s Association – Board Meeting
Monday, January 07, 2013
Keast Home

Board Members Present:

Allen Johnson – President
Gary McCoy – Vice President
Roger Keast – Treasurer
Sheri Parshall – Secretary
Tom Burns – Roads and Parks Commissioner
Erika Teyema – Social Committee
Bettianne Goetz – Membership Chairman

Call to order: 7:07

Moved and seconded to approve November minutes. Sheri will forward to the web master.

Officer Reports

President – Allen Johnson
There was discussion of proposed letter from Allen to go out with dues, discussing the activities and projects provided by the Association, and advising of the April 8th Annual Meeting. Roger will ask Betty to reserve the Lake House. The board agrees that it was a good letter. Bettianne suggested that we thank Metro for free use of the Lake House for the meeting, and the board is in agreement.

Vice President – Gary McCoy
See report under “By Laws” below.

Secretary – Sheri Parshall
Sheri to post November minutes.

Treasurer Roger Keast
Roger presented this month’s checks for approval. Total cash assets are $13,525.58, with $7,965.47 in available cash. We are currently running slightly under budget, despite a slight downturn in revenues. Dues checks will be coming in soon. It was moved and seconded that we pay outstanding bills. Motion passed.

FLPOA/IWPUD – Bob Torheim
FLPOA has new board members. Bob will provide a contact list with the new board members. There was discussion regarding use of the boat ramp on Fairview Lake. Bob will chat with the FLPOA board regarding launch protocol on Fairview Lake.

Blue Lake Commissioner – Ted Smits
No report.

Tom Burns – Road and Parks Commissioner
Tom proposed procedures for use of Welsh Park, as follows:

    1. Reservations for the Nick and Maddie Welsh Community Park shall be made by and for members of the Interlachen Homeowners of the Interlachen Homeowners Association.
    2. Reservations will be approved on a first come first serve basis not in conflict with scheduled Association Activities.
    3. At no time shall the Park be utilized for commercial activities other than those sponsored by the Association, such as sale of artwork at the Art in the Park activity.
    4. The Association shall make available to our members, Association properties appropriate for Park use (tables, chairs, tents, etc.
    5. The Board of Directors shall approve any requests they may deem appropriate for use by organizations outside of the Interlachen membership.
    6. Toilet facilities to arranged for by person making request for use.
    7. A gratuity or security deposit may be appropriate. Insurance may be required depending on the type of event and whether or not alcohol will be available.

Tom suggested that the Social Committee maintain control of the reservations. Erika will host a committee consisting of Allen, Tom and Roger to discuss proposed rules and guidelines.

Bettianne Goetz – Membership
Bettianne reported we have new members – Jennifer and Tom Luce. Welcome! Bettianne chatted about her conversations with other potential members.

Social Committee – Erika Teyema
The winter activities are completed and were a success. Roger was Santa Clause.
The Social Committee has seen a decline in members. Please consider joining us in planning upcoming neighborhood events. An organizational meeting will be held in February. Please contact Erika Teyema at (503) 328-8928 or Michelle Monson if you are interested in helping and having fun.

By-Laws Committee
Gary McCoy has scheduled a meeting for Thursday, January 10 (Roger, Tom, Allen, Ted, Jeff and Gary)

Old Business

Honorary Associates – Allen
Allen advised that all issues regarding Honorary Associates have been addressed.

Blue Lake Keys – Ted
We’ll chat about Blue Lake keys when Ted returns from his vacation.

Blue Lake Ramp Improvements – Ted
Tabled until the next meeting.

Row Boat Status
We can rent or sell our row boat to Fairview Lake for use in monitoring their lake.

Library Box Notice
Allen posted a photo and nice announcement for the Library Box on the web site. It’s getting great usage.

Replacement flag for park
Tom donated a new flag for use at the park. Tom also volunteered

NEW BUSINESS

Annual Meeting Planning
Betty Keast will reserve the Lake House. Roger advised that the budget will probably be close to this year. Roger would like any budget proposals to be sent to him prior to the end of February.

Gary, Sheri, Tom and Bettianne will be completing their two-year term. The nominating committee will be tasked to find replacements if needed.

Allen will put together a proposed annual meeting agenda. Anyone wishing to make a special presentation should contact Allen.

Dues
Dues will be $200 for 2013-2014 for full members. It was moved and seconded that the Associate member dues for 2013-2014 will be $50.00. Motion passed.

ANNOUNCEMENTS/COMMENTS
Landowner’s meeting for the drainage district will be this Thursday. Bettianne Goetz will be representing the Association.

Next Meeting Date
February 6th at 7 p.m. at the Teyema home.

Meeting adjourned at 9:06 p.m.