April 29, 2008
7:00 PM, Teyema House
Present: Betianne Goetz, Allen Johnson, Roger Keast, Curt Knight, Sue Meyers, Lance Pattock, Mel Rieff, Erika Teyema, Jeff Townsend
Meeting called to Order 7:05 pm
Mel Rieff made a motion to accept the minutes of the 78th annual meeting. It was seconded by Curt Knight and passed unanimously.
The following positions of the 2008-2009 board were decided by unanimous vote:
PRESIDENT Lance Pattock
VICE PRESIDENT Roger Keast
SECRETARY Erika Teyema
TREASURER Mel Rieff
ROADS & PARKS Curt Knight
LAKE COMMISSIONER Jeff Townsend
FLOPOA Al Johnson
MEMBERSHIP Sue Myers
TREASURER’S REPORT: Mel Rieff
Mel reminded the board that if we spend all the money that was budgeted, the association will be in the red and will have to begin spending reserves.
ING Direct CD – $10,708.84
GOALS for 2008-2009
- Address Mike Brown regarding events at west side of Blue Lake Park—specifically amplified music and microphone talk. Discuss the speaker direction as well as Fairview decibel reading ordinance.
- Address storage needs of Interlachen Inc with PUD. There are several large 6 foot tables used for events that need to be stored. A possibility could be to purchase a storage shed or build on to the existing PUD building at the park.
- The Blue Lake weed control situation will be addressed by the Water Quality Committee.
BOATS ON BLUE LAKE
Attention to new lake residents, please read these simple rules before you purchase a boat for use on Blue Lake: (Maximum allowed boat length is 18’ centerline, unless the boat is AWSA certified as an approved water ski tow-boat, at which point a maximum length of 20’6” centerline is allowed. Absolutely no exceptions) (New lake residents must show current boat registration, liability insurance and have you boat inspected to ensure wake enhancing devices are permanently disabled by the lake commissioner. Tow ropes cannot be used on towers and extended pylons) When preparing to launch your boat from May 1st thru Sept 30th, you must follow these procedures or you will be unable to launch your boat.
- A key to remove the bullard at the launch site will be given to you from any board member, keys to the boat ramp will only be given to members in good standing who have paid their annual boat fees.
- Call the park the night/day before at 503-665-6918 to inform them you want to launch or leave a message with them
- You must pay the park entry fee and launch or recover your boat before 9am from May 1st thru Sept 30th. You cannot launch or recover your boat after 9am unless it is an emergency and you have coordinated this with the on-duty park ranger.
- Replace the bullard and lock it.
- Return key to the board member you got it from immediately after launching your boat as someone else might need the key asap.
A reminder to all residents to check the website for all Blue Lake Boat rules before boating season. A couple of important things to highlight: State of Oregon requires that all operators should have an Oregon Boat Operators License, all tubes should have a quick release, & boats must carry liability insurance.
Any concerns with the paddle boats/canoes should be directed towards the boat rental vendor at 503-661-6087.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 7:00 pm at Jeff Townsend’s home.