Print Friendly, PDF & Email
12/13/2005
Time: 7:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Contact Board Member: soc2tec@yahoo.com
Location:
Goetz Residence (21208)
Agenda:
Grant Money for Blue Lake issues
Member in Good Standing issue
 
Attendees/Minutes
 
Board Member Attendees:
Board Members In Attendance: Bob Hood, Al Goetz, Dianna Gould, Shelley Oleachea-Caufield, Lance Pattock, Bev Knight.
Minutes:
Guests: Terry Dresler: Operations Director Regional Parks & Greenspaces (for Metro) and Pat Davies IWPUD.Meeting called to order: 7P.M. Lance made a motion to accept the minutes. A 2nd was made. All agreed.

Terry Dresler: Informed the board that the EPA grant for $12,000.00 that Metro had requested was available with some restrictions. The grant is for the purpose of purchasing and laying out fabric to prevent weed growth along a portion of Blue Lake (in the water near the shore line.) Metro had budgeted $6,000.00 with the expectation that Interlachen, Inc would have available $2,000.00 that would be added to the grant. The total would be $20,000 to purchase fabric that is considered a experiment and even if it worked the fabric would have to be reapplied within a few years. Her question was: Is Interlachen willing to go ahead with the grant and also to make available the $2,000.00? Terry did explain that this grant could be declined and Metro would apply for a new grant with the specification that the monies from this new grant would only be used for Solar Bee. However, no guarantee could be made that a new grant would be received.

After much discussion among the board members a decision was made to decline the grant. The main reasons are because 1.) Huge expense and few homeowners would benefit. . 2.) The experiment factor. 3.) The fabric would have to be replaced within a few years time, again at a huge expense. Lance: Made a motion to decline the current grant to purchase the bottom barrier. A 2nd was made. All agreed.

Terry Schulz will take the lead to set up a committee to study Solar Bee more in depth. The committee will also explore the possibility of applying for a new grant for Solar Bee funding.

Shelley: Presented reasons why all homeowners living on both sides of Interlachen Lane should pay to become members in good standing. The information was well received. However, Lance and Terry had other suggestions to be added to the list as well. A new presentation will be made at the January monthly board meeting.

As a result of the some of the points made in Shelley’s list of reasons it was discovered that no formal request has ever been made to IWPUD that IWPUD take over the street lights. Bob Hood will now do so.

Dianna: Once again presented a excellent financial report. Notified the two bookkeepers who had sent proposals that the board has made a decision Amy Reed was accepted.
Mailing for boat registration was mailed with a reminder to pay the Summer 2005 fee.

Budget Report: As of 11/30/05 total cash on hand for all income sources is $23,480.76.
Payments made 12/1/05 – 12/12/05: Action Asphalt – $540.00, PGE – $94.97, The Hartford – $805.00 totaling $1194.97.

Lance: Will restart the committee to determine a location for a Fairview Lake Boat Launch. The committee will test drive a large boat down the east side of Nick & Maidie Welch Park to determine if doing so is feasible.
Also, a water park for very young children (to young to be in the swim area at Blue Lake Park) is to be completed at Blue Lake Park summer of 2006.

Terry: Had arranged to have the speed bumps put in and painted. Good job Terry.

Bev: Has requested the current list of everyone served by IWPUD. This will help her to contact new neighbors and to talk to them about joining Interlachen, Inc.

Bettianne: All of the current members of the social committee will stay on the committee for the next year as well. Sounds like they are having a lot of fun
Two events the social committee arranged for December: Christmas caroling held December 21st.
And Visit from St. Nick on the 22nd.

Old Business: Steve Gould will set up meeting for the By-Laws committee. Shelley, Tom Schuberg, Jon Wissler, and Steve will serve on the committee. The changes will be presented to all Interlachen, Inc members with a vote to be made at the annual meeting in April.

Next meeting: Tuesday, January 10, 2006, 7:00 P.M. Knight Residence (21143)
Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 7:00 P.M. Pattock Residence (20827)

Meeting Ended: 9:00 P.M.

Contact Person Recording the Minutes:
Shelley Oleachea-Caufield
503 465-1634
soc2tec@yahoo.com