Print Friendly

INTERLACHEN, INC. HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION
BOARD MEETING

at the home of Tom Burns
March 6, 2017
Board Members Present:
Jerry Mylet, President
Laura Cohen Seale, Vice President
Tom Burns, Parks and Roads
Kevin Morrow, Treasurer
Debbie Weaver, IWPUD and FLPOA liaison
Cathie Smits, Membership
Michelle Monson, Secretary

Not Present/Excused:
Steve Nelson, Blue Lake Commissioner
Bettfianne Goetz, Membership

1. Meeting Called to Order: 6:35 pm

2. Reading and Approval of the Minutes:
The board meeting notes for January, 2017 were approved and were posted on the Interlachen, Inc. website.

REPORTS OF OFFICERS AND COMMISSIONERS:

  • PRESIDENT, Jerry Mylet:
    Jerry stated that the annual board meeting scheduled on the second Monday in April conflicts with basketball finals. Anticipating reduced member attendance, the meeting was rescheduled for April 17, 2017.
    Opposition to the proposed warehouse development continues, and Bob Dolphin from FLPOA and Mel Rieff or Roger Keast will present information at the annual meeting.
  • VICE PRESIDENT, Laura Cohen Seale :
    Laura has agreed to handle the power point presentation for the annual meeting and is awaiting further input. Thanks to Laura in advance for
    volunteering. Kevin volunteered to help with the transfer from the thumb drive.
  • SECRETARY, Michelle Monson:
    No report.
  • TREASURER, Kevin Morrow:
    Kevin will send out the annual dues invoices after contacting Roger for help with labels. A motion was passed to keep membership dues at $250 per year. Kevin will contact our auditors, Mel Rieff and Ernie Brawley, prior to the annual meeting.
    The February end of year balance was $31,254.14, and the Blue Lake
    reserve funds equal $6,350.
    Kevin asked for and received approval for expenditures for November, December, 2016, and January, 2017.
  • FLPOA/IWPUD LIAISON COMMISSIONER, Debbie Weaver:
    Debbie kindly scanned historical documents obtained from Jane Graybill,
    Chris Noble, and Jean Ridings onto a CD. Thanks for doing that, Debbie!
    There is a lot of neighborhood history.
    Debbie reported that PUD is busy setting up and documenting procedures covering all aspects of our water.
    The City of Fairview has removed blackberries and is changing the slope at the park on the south side of Fairview Lake. They may construct a gazebo.
    Debbie will invite PUD and FLPOA representatives to our annual meeting.
  • BLUE LAKE COMMISSIONER, Steve Nelson:
    Steve was unable to attend the meeting. The boat was pulled out of the lake and requires a new motor at this time.
  • ROADS AND PARKS COMMISSIONER, Tom Burns:
    Tom anticipates needing seed and a spreader for the park, some top soil, and materials for filling the road as needed. He shared that Yuval Golan suggested placing a chain across the driveway to the park at night to prevent access.
    Tom will ask for a motion to be passed by members for $2,000 to pay for 2 security cameras to be placed in the park and 2 more to capture license plate numbers.
    Tom will also ask for nominees to form a bi-laws committee to exclude
    homeowners on Lachenview from Interlachen, Inc. Multnomah County
    officials said that Interlachen, Inc. is responsible for maintaining the street, and no one is currently paying membership dues.

REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES:

  • SOCIAL COMMITTEE:
    A list of upcoming social events will be presented at the annual meeting.
  • MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE, Cathie Smits and Bettianne Goetz:
    Cathie reported no new members.

The next Board Meeting will be held on:

APRIL 3, 2017
at 6:30
at the home of Cathie Smits
————————
Followed by the Annual Board Meeting
at the Lake House
April 17, 2017
An Invitation to All Members will be sent out